Tuesday, June 25, 2013


It has been a great Friday so far, I was able to go on a field trip to the National Museum today. I really enjoyed it because we were able to learn about Ghana from artifacts found in excavations that dated back to 500 B.C.! It was so interesting. I really like that this was built around the time that the first president was voted in and that Ghana declared their independence. The museum was very basic in its structure but overall it showed so much about the culture of the African people, unity amongst them, and important part of history like the slave trade, their development as a country and even explaining ceremonies. I’m grateful I had the opportunity to witness this! I wasn’t able to take photos because they charged extra for it but my friend will be uploading photos she said I could use.

Later on I went to a store called Global Mama’s that is fare trade! It was great being able to support other women in this country. We then walked down a street called Oxford street (equivalent to a Michigan Avenue in Chicago). This street had the pricier items and bigger restaurants with more American food which is priced much higher than local food since they have to import it.

For the first time ever I washed my clothes in a bucket of water this afternoon and hung my clothes on a clothing line after wringing them out several times to get the water out. So far so good!

This Sunday I will be going on a trip to Ada Beach. More to come!

When I can I will upload photos! Let me know if you have questions or comments!

-Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment